Since we have a new kitchen machine, which was very helpful during Christmas holidays, we thought it was a good opportunity to write a new review. We’ll review the Kenwood Chef XL Titanium (KVL8300S), the latest model of the famous British brand.
The new kitchen machine is completely made in stainless steel, both the structure and the bowl. As you may have guessed by the letters XL, the mixer is not exactly small, the bowl has a capacity of 6.7L. It won’t pass by unnoticed for sure on your countertop, however it won’t cause you much trouble (do not be afraid of the box which is far bigger than the product).
The kitchen machine has a new very powerful engine (1700W), adjustable very precisely thanks to half-speed. There’s a very useful mixing function, which will allow you to start working your compounds very slowly, without the risk of flour clouds.
The most publicised change of the chef titanium is definitely the bowl illumination, a small LED ring allow you to better check your dough. Compared to KMM060 model that we used before, there are also other small improvements we wanted to point out:
- the splashguard has been revised, it can be dismount easily, so you won’t have to remove the whip, in case you ever have to put it on or take it off in mid-preparation
- the opening lever is placed on the side of the machine, no longer on the front; it allows to open the kitchen machinewith simplicity and without efforts
- the latest addition that we have noticed is a handy compartment to hide the cord when you do not use the machine, not essential but it helps to have your countertop always neat and tidy
You’ll find 5 whips in the chef titanium box:
- power whisk, to mount the egg whites and light mixtures, its design has been revised, the whip is slightly less dense, but more solid
- the K-beater, to mix ingredients while preparing dough
- the dough hook, an indispensable ally for all leavened products (pizzas, pandori, brioches …), even this was revised compared to previous models. It seems to knead better, because of the absence of the small angle that slightly broke the dough
- the creaming beater, a rubber whip; very convenient for preparing frosting and mousse. We used it for different frosting with excellent results, butter mixed in with sugar perfectly, without risking separation.
- the fold tool, an interesting new whip for pastry. This whip always mixes from the bottom up, to keep all the air in the most delicate mixtures. It works really well, we’ve prepared a meringue cake, and we’ll surely have the excuse to try macarons again, our small and colorful antagonists. Read carefully the instructions because when by mixing everything from the bottom up, the bowl could suddenly not seem so big anymore ?
We tried a bit of everything before writing the review of Chef XL Titanium KVL8300S: meringues (Italian and French), various cakes, the 1708, some breads, Pandoro (a pity that the holidays are over, but this will not prevent us to prepare it again), nougat ( we’ll post the recipe soon) and more that at the moment we can not think of 🙂 .
In a quick summary, we had a great time with Chef XL Titanium XL, the very powerful engine will defeat even the most demanding dough, small additions and changes have greatly improved the kitchen machine. Definitely recommended to all those who love cooking. The only sore is the price, not so much for the mixer itself, certainly high but reasonable, but the additional accessories that are a bit too expensive.