We often have many egg whites into the house, for example, if we have just finished enjoying a vanilla custard 😉 . Today we’re proposing a way to use them: lime meringues.
The sour-bitter taste of lime goes very well with meringues and it dilutes thier sweetness 🙂 .
Preparing the meringues at home is not that complicated, you just need a little attention and use a few tips to whip egg whites 😉 :
- use eggs as fresh as possible
- separate with the utmost care the egg whites from the yolks
- let rest the egg out of the fridge for about half an hour, so that they reach room temperature
- do not add salt to the egg whites, because it will make the foam much less stable
Now take whips and a pastry bag and let’s work 😀 .
If you try one of the recipes on the blog, take a photo and publish it on Instragam with the hashtag #fratelliaifornelli and tagging our profile @fratelliaifornelli.
- 100 g of egg whites about 2 eggs
- 100 g of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice
- zest of half a lime
Prepare a baking sheet by covering the bottom with baking paper.
Add the juice of the lime to the egg whites. With an electric beater, begin to whip the until they will be quadrupled in volume.
Continuing to whipping, add the sugar a little at a time, and continue beating until the result is a dense foam.
Add the zest of lime, mix again a few seconds to distribute it evenly.
Transfer the egg whites into a pastry bag and spread out small meringues onto the baking sheet.
Bake them to 80-85 ° in a convection oven for about two hours.